Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 September 2012


Monday the 17th; today we left All Oaks Wood heading for Rose Narrow Boats at Stretton Stop to have our boat and its damage checked over by the company and one of its directors. On arrival we entered the stop, and held the boat there while the damage was looked at by Anthony Grantham, one of the directors, only to be told that his boat could not have done the damage and that it looked like an existing dent. As you can guess this made me very angry and I informed him that we had photographs of the damage to his and our boat, GPS tracking to show our speeds and location at the time of the incident. Also photos taken just before and just after, with property values showing the date and the time.



After this we left, and a bit stressed as well making telephone calls to his insurers as well as our own informing them of my claim. I also contacted my boat manufacturer and sent him photos, asking him to quote me on the cost of repair and also if there could be any structural damage (I await his response). We also sent our several e-mails to Rose and there insurers with a full statement sent to mine should I have to make a claim.


This all done we made our way to Hawksbury Junction where we plan to stop over for a few days.

Just a note to say thank you, to all those who rang to check that we were all ok, and yes we are, although a little upset about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment